Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. I don't even know what I'm going to do next year. As Christians, we always talk about seeking God's will for our lives, following God's path, doing God's work. This is all well and good, but I have found it can be too easy to sit and wait for some divine revelation about the future, and miss God's plan for me right now. It's easy to be thankful on Thanksgiving, but why do we need a holiday to count our blessings? I know I have so much to be thankful for, and even when life seems rough, I am so blessed. Give thanks in ALL circumstances. It seems pretty straightforward, and if it's God's will for me today, that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks to all my family and friends for being amazing. I love you all.

4 comments:

skim said...

word.

miss you, friend.

Steve said...

yes! well said.

wendy said...

good encouragement for us all. love you too!!

Peter Morse said...

I'm thankful that I get to see you and 6 or 7 other beautiful people in a couple weeks.

I'll tell you the secret to your life and your future "career" then. Hint: brush up on your Disney songs.

Peter